Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Master of my Domain...

I am now the proud owner of www.tiredintucson.com. I decided to purchase the .com domain name of my blog for a couple of reasons:

First, I think that blogging about finance is helping me and I want to continue to do it. I really do enjoy looking up information and reading other PF blogs. Learning how to handle money, how to budget and how to be frugal is something I need to do for happiness and balance in my life.

Plus, I blew $60 on some seriously sexy boots today. What can I say? It was a 60% off sale and I got sucked in. My husband refuses to let me take them back, saying they are the sexiest things I've bought this year. I guess my $9 t-shirts from Walmart just aren't cutting it...I said I needed a miniskirt to go with the boots and he offered to buy it himself. That's love, or desperation, or maybe a combination of both.

Secondly, the domain registration only cost $9.95/year. I can keep my blogger settings and continue to use blogger to support my blog (including those nifty templates - I've built sites on my own and it's a pain) for no additional cost. I can go with different and more lucrative ad accounts and there are other perks only available to domain-name owners. So, hopefully I will recoup that money by the end of the year, plus some. That's my big goal for this site for 2008 -- make more than $9.95. Whoo hoo!

Lastly, I think I have something to offer the blogging community. I read a lot of PF bloggers, but very few have children and even fewer have young kids. There's a reason for this -- people with young children are usually broke! They don't have time to think about finances, and live from disaster to disaster. How many times have I broken down because my insurance company decided not to pay for -- my C-section? Or a 5-day hospital stay when my son's throat swelled closed with croup and he nearly died? How about the $13,000 surgery my daughter needed for a birth defect last year? These crisis aren't covered by most of the books, and I think there is a need.

I nearly chose money4mama.com, but at the last minute decided to stick with TiredInTucson. It doesn't reflect the subject matter of the blog, but it's how I felt when I started it -- tired, discouraged, and looking for answers. And I'd like to continue sharing whatever I find.

So...onward! This domain is mine!

No comments: