Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What the heck is a Kindle?

Okay, here's another abnormal post...I guess it's just been one of those days. I was looking over my Amazon accounts (I still have that Amazon versus eBay versus Half.com post to write, and it is coming, I assure you) and I saw something about Kindle referrals.

What's a Kindle? I thought. Some kind of new phone, I assumed.

Well, it isn't. It is an electronic reader, otherwise known as a e-Book. It is about the size of a book and you can download text, newspapers, etc. to it. It doesn't use WiFi, it uses cell phone technology so you have fewer dead spots. Here's a picture:


And I have to say, while I would never buy one at the cost of $399.00, the idea of fewer books in my house...well, it's tempting. Selling my books via eBay, Half and Amazon has been stressful at best and an exercise in futility at worst. I have long known that something like this would come; is the time finally here? Has the paperback run its course? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: