Thursday, November 22, 2007

Black Friday Online

I've been surfing the web, looking for Black Friday deals, and it looks like the best ones are actually online. I have to get up to take my mother-in-law to the airport early Friday morning, and I thought if anything I was already looking for was on sale, I would drop by and buy it.

I have never shopped on Black Friday, choosing instead to sleep off my large Thanksgiving dinner and ignore the mania. Last year, a friend of ours waited in front of a Best Buy in San Diego all night long, only to have to run for his life as some stressed out consumer pulled a gun. But here, in laid back Tucson, the thought of such craziness seems impossible. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like this year, at least, I'm not going to find out. My Black Friday will exist online this year, if at all.

Amazon.com has a great Friday sale every Friday of the year; I expect great things from their online Black Friday Sale. And if you're looking for a list of online retailers and what they are offering, here's a list of Black Friday Sales.

Just keep in mind, as one poster to this site put it; if you search around the web, most of the deals can be found anytime. So save your crazy for something more deserving than consumer goods, and keep your dollars in the bank.

No comments: