Thursday, October 4, 2007

Adding $13,500

I just added $13,500 to our retirement accounts. This is the amount currently in my husband's pension fund. We debated whether or not to add it but it seems logical to put everything in. Of course, technically I should go back through the months and adjust according to how much was there, but we didn't know how much, so I decided to just add it this month and leave it. I already know we increased our net worth by $1,102.

Right now I feel like a serious revamping of our accounts is in order. It becomes more and more difficult to track what we actually have because we have so many accounts. This is primarily because of banks; at one bank, we have a free business account, another offered $100 to start a checking account, etc., etc. We have six accounts we use frequently (yes! six!) and another three that we could get rid of. We also have savings accounts at ING (one each) and a PayPal money market account. Most of these don't have fees (I think just one account does and I plan to have it canceled this month) which makes it easy to leave the money there. The hard part is keeping track of it.

Next up: a spreadsheet tracking our loans to date. I've been wanting to do this for some time, and I hope to get it up in a day or so.

No comments: