Friday, March 9, 2007

March Money

Well, if you look to the sidebar to my networth, you can see it -- the line pointing down. Yes, I did our March financials and the prognosis is not good. Primarily this is because we spent $1500 on childcare for January and another $800 for February. There was some crossover as I went part-time before the end of February and so we still had to pay a lot but with reduced income. That resulted in a $2400 leap in my credit card bill, so that is my goal for this month -- to start paying that down. Otherwise our debt is slowly but surely retreating, and I hope that a few months of level-headed spending will have us on our way.

My life has been super stressful of late, mainly due to my job. I don't tend to write about work at all; even though this blog is anonymous, I am a little paranoid. Many people have lost their jobs for blogging about work! That being said, there was a personnel issue at work, and a fellow co-worker was accusing me of various things that were not true. I think it was a case of out-the-door-itis. By this I mean that, since I was nearly out the door, I was a convenient scapegoat for everything that went wrong or didn't get done. However, I said my piece and now I'm laying low and waiting for things to blow over. I think this is how it frequently happens, anyway -- there are good times and there are bad times, but things work out in the end.

Regardless, the stress meant I haven't posted much on this blog and so I'm ready to get started again. I am hoping we can get a better handle on our finances this year. The daycare situation really knocked us for a loop, but now that I am part-time I think we can get on track again. My oldest is going to school in the fall, too, and so long as we don't pay for private school I think it will be a relief not to have to pay for preschool or daycare anymore.

Here's to hoping for a better month in March.

No comments: